fredag 23 oktober 2009

Around the corner.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I want Christmas! I've never been a big fan of Christmas, since I think it's a bit overrated. The coercion to buy people gifts, receiving gifts without maybe deserving them and boring food hasn't interested me at all for quite some time now. One thing I really like with Christmas though, is making candy together with my family. Baking gingerbread, making toffee and weird marzipan figures makes me feel at ease somehow. And now that I look out my window all I can see is trees with the colours of autumn. The sky is gray and the wind is cold. Halloween is just nearby. But I want Christmas!
Though I'm afraid to say that the Christmas spirit will probably die before Christmas is even started. You can already see Christmas decorations everywhere and it's just sad. It makes it less special.
I like getting people gifts more than receiving. To give someone what they truly want and not just buy something "just because" you have to give them something. That's a very precious thing to me.

What about you? What do you think? Give or receive?

3 kommentarer:

  1. tycker det är riktigt jobbigta tt de börjar med julsaker innan halloween ens varit. man lessnar ju innan det ens är december! D: Dumma hej-vi-ska-va-först-inställning...
    Men jag tycker att det är mysigt att ge bort saker. Jo, ibland kan det kännas som att man ger bort bara för att, artighet och tradition liksom... men det är kul att ge något som man tycker passar personen, behöver liksom inte va nått seriöst. Personliga presenter is the shit :D
    Och jag vill ha höst ett tag till. >: inge snö än tack.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I år ska jag inte ge bort presenter bara för att jag måste. Om jag hittar något jag tycker att personen kommer tycka om, så köper jag det. I och med att man inte har så mycket pengar heller haha :(
    Det hade varit mycket bättre om alla började julen i DECEMBER, då det faktiskt ÄR jul. Eller åtminstone i slutet/mitten av november. Hrm.

    SvaraRadera
  3. jag ska inte heller ge presenter i år för att jag måste, sådanna fall bara ett chocklad eller så för det vill man alltid ha litegrann höhö

    SvaraRadera